About a month ago, Joseph came out of Primary upset that a boy in his class had written all over his white Sunday shirt with a yellow crayon. When I saw the damage, let's just say, I was very very very upset. The young boy that did this is known to be "high maintenance." After the Primary presidency was made aware of the situation, phone calls were made and parents were not happy. That same evening, the primary president called us to inform us that our little angel Joseph was the one who started the crayon war. Once we had all the facts, we confronted Joseph. We asked him why he wrote on the little boy next to him in class. His response was "I was bored." Of course he lost all his privileges for a week and had to write sentences, but this reminded me of a time in my life when I did something just as bad and dumb as what my little guy did....
I was about nine years old, living in a four story apartment building in Washington D.C. My best friend Glenda and I were in the stairwell looking out the third story window, when we saw our building manager outside. He was not the nicest man to be around, so let's just say we didn't like him much. My mom had just made us some hamburgers (that were very well done)....I ran to my apt and asked my mom to add extra ketchup and mayo to my delicious burger, which she did. Glenda and I ran back to the third story stairwell window and I just couldn't resist this perfect opportunity..I aimed my burger just right, and it landed on his head as he was opening the door to the building. We ran back to my apartment giggling at what had just happened. About two minutes later, there was pounding on our door. There stood the manager with ketchup and mayo on his head and white button up shirt. It was quite a sight. After my mom apologized to the poor man, she confronted me and asked me why in the world I did that to the manager....my response to her was......" I was bored."
So there you have it, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..
No comments:
Post a Comment