Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

my baby girl is growing up....


Alycia just turned 11 a few months ago and I decided to it was time for her to take a babysitting class. She's not babysitting til she's 12, but we thought it wouldn't hurt for her to take the class. Saturday was the big day. She packed her own lunch and was up and ready by 8am. She would learn how to perform CPR and first aid among other things. After class Brent and I grilled her as to what she learned and what they did. She had to learn how to change a diaper, which didn't really bother her. These were dolls they practiced on so I'm sure she has no idea how bad that will be. So glad my kids are past the poopy diaper stage! Uggg!

Last week she went to her friends' house to hang out and when I picked her up, she was wearing blue eyeshadow and an ample amount of blush. She didn't go crazy, like I did at that age but it did frighten me a bit that she was WANTING to wear cosmetics. Tweens......Am I ready for this???

Boys, boys, and more boys...
There are several boys at her school that she is interested in. She's not going crazy about them, but the thought of her even remotely thinking of them is putting me in "freaking out mode." I'm so not ready for this!

I guess I can't call her my little girl anymore since she's a bit taller than my 5 foot self. Okay, if I wear heels, I'm a giant or so I like to think I am. Just a few weeks ago I felt taller...am I just shrinking? Is this how my mom felt when I passed her in height?

I am seriously NOT ready for this....

No comments: