Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Monday, October 27, 2008

my grumblings for the day....

today has been an interesting day for 'lil ole me....
The snowbirds are back AND with a vengeance. Living here in Arizona during the fall/winter is heavenly. No snow to shovel or drive in...wearing flip-flops ALMOST year round...ahh so nice. But there are drawbacks to living in a place with such a fabulous climate. What, you may ask is the problem...SNOWBIRDS...Some of you may not be acquainted with the term. Many are elderly from Minnesota, Ohio, Utah, and I can't leave out Canada. The neighboring community near us is called Sun Lakes. There you see plenty of golf carts parked at the grocery store and of course Walgreens. As I was pulling into a parking spot at Fry's, a white Crown Victoria decided she was going to back up and NOT look to see lil ole me pulling in. She was just inches from hitting my car. I seriously had to hit reverse to avoid being hit. Arrgggg! Her license plate stated she was from Ohio. I decided it wasn't worth getting hit, so I left to go to the library to drop off some overdue books. (BTW-someone owes me $1.20)....As I was backing up to leave, another snowbird in a black Caddy started backing up after I was halfway done...Ahhh...not again! Fortunatly, I was able to get out of the way before he hit the side of my car. This one was from Utah...
Now that I know they're (snowbirds) are going to be here for the next 5 months, I'll have to be extra careful and plan my day better....big sigh....I"m done grumbling....

No comments: