Sad kids…bad mom…sad mom…
I've been meaning to write this for a couple days…Tuesdays are piano lesson days. I needed to make sure the kids did their theory workbook and practiced all their songs. I took their notebooks out of the piano bag to see what the assignments were homework. Guess what? I forgot to put the notebooks back in their bags.
When I went to pick up the kids from piano, there were some seriously sad faces. Like, extremely sad…I asked how piano went (I thought they didn't pass of their songs)…It was worse than that…They didn't have their NOTEBOOKS! Uh-oh..Since they didn't bring their notebooks, that meant they didn't get to go to the prize jar AND they didn't get to put a sticker on the chart. Oh no…
My kiddos were not happy campers. I felt like world's worst mom. It was totally my fault. I was the guilty party. Was there a way I could justify it from being MY fault? Okay…I KNOW I'm a grown adult, and should know better…but that's the immature side of me showing its ugliness. I fessed up…I told the kids it was MY fault and that I was very, very sorry. I wish I could say that the kids said "that's okay mom, people make mistakes, we still love you"…nope…they just sat in silence on the drive back home. Silence was not golden this time…
As I was driving home I felt a knot in my stomach. I felt so bad. When we got back home, they ate dinner and as an extra treat, they were allowed to have dessert. (That was my way of saying sorry, again.) Ah…happy kids again…happy ending to a not so happy day..
No comments:
Post a Comment