Last night was our FHE (aka family night)......
Our lesson was on how to try to change a bad day into a better day. I told of a story about a little girl that started to have a bad day. Her favorite skirt was in the dirty clothes, her mother ran out of strawberry jam and packed a grape and peanut butter sandwich instead, and there was a dust storm outside so she couldn't play out on the swings. Rotten day huh? I gave the kids some ideas on trying to make it better by thinking of positive things like: sing a song you like, play indoor games you like...
I then turned to the family and asked what they do when things don't go well. Alycia said she listens to her MP3 player or thinks of fun stories from books. Brent said that he thinks of hymms or good music.
And finally, Joseph said:
"When I have a lunch I don't like, I just imagine it's something that tastes MUCH better."
...gasp.....Whaaaat? I thought all the lunches I pack for my family were good. I make them with love.... Brent thought his comment was hilarious....
I guess I'm going to have to ask for some feedback from now on, when it comes to lunches.....
2 comments:
Too funny... don't you just love those unpleasant surprises- "I've been doing x for you all this time, and you never said you didn't like it till now????" ;)
You'll have to try whole wheat pancake sandwiches. My kids loved them!
Post a Comment