Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our lunch trader....



I meant to post this on Sunday....sorry..

This morning I decided to make some of my delicious homemade bread. I couldn't stomach eating the store bought stuff...While it was baking, Alycia said to me..

"Mom, I have to tell you something...At school last year, I grew tired of the bread you made and traded it with my fellow classmates. You have no idea how many kids wanted to trade my "homemade bread" (pb&j). I got multiple offers!"

"Hmm....well did you get anything good?" I asked.

"Yeah, I got a couple of things for just one sandwich." She answered.

When I told Brent about this, he wondered if she sold it as "homemade bread" in order to get a good trade.

When we got home from church today, I decided to make some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I'll have to post them to the family recipe blog sometime. Anyhow, as they were baking I could smell their delicious aroma. I thought to myself...someone will be coming down the stairs any minute now. Alycia was the first to arrive.

"Hey Mom. Do you know how many kids in my class would want to trade when I brought out the monster cookies you would make during snack time? I wouldn't trade if there was just one....well...I would trade half of my cookie for something...but it would have to be a really good trade though..."

I'm a bit speechless.
Should I be happy that I have such a resourceful child/tween that cuts deals?
Or should I be honored that she had multiple offers when trading?

1 comment:

Kara said...

Definitely honored! :) What a resourceful girl!