
As many of you know, I am Chilean...born and raised here in Los Estados Unidos...to be politically correct...The United States. So of course that would mean that my parents are foreigners to this wonderful country of ours. Well holidays can be a bit tricky in the Puentes household. Easter was filled with going to Mass, myself wearing a fancy frilly dress (which I absolutely hated), dyeing eggs and spending a whole weekend with family.This can be tricky...The whole concept of dyeing eggs was very foreign to my Mother. She read the directions (or at least I'd like to think that) and attempted to dye them. It was a fruitless effort...you see....She bought natural brown eggs...No matter how many dye tablets she put into those cups...they stayed BROWN...Oh how I cried that morning...My 4 year old self couldn't comprehend the situation. Why can't I have eggs that look like the ones on TV. What happened to the pink and green eggs I envisioned? BROWN? (more weeping)....I had such great plans...I was going to make my eggs look like the ones in the commercials with the PAAS bunny...That was one of the most traumatizing Easter's I've ever had.
Why might you ask is Anna writing about this....I went to Sprouts the other day and opened a carton of eggs...and to my horror....they were BROWN eggs! That memory came to me...and the feelings I had as a young 4 year old came...Oh how I dislike brown eggs...
I didn't end up buying them of course...
BTW.....To this day, I have Brent take care of the dyeing of the eggs with the kids...LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment