Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To be a young mom....

As I entered the woman's restroom stall, I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

In the stall next to me I heard a woman singing...the song was what had me in tears...

"Come on poopoo! Don't be scared...you want to swim in the potty...It's pooping time!"

Yes... a grown woman was singing this to her toddler! She said this several times, and I'm sure she was embarrassed when we met at the sink. Tears were streaming from my eyes and I couldn't make eye contact with her.

This reminded me of when I was a young mom...

As I was shopping at JC Penny's with my 2 year old and 5 month old children, my eldest needed to "go potty." I loaded that little two year old into the double stroller and raced to the nearest restroom. An elderly woman arrived ahead of us and so we used the handicap stall, since it could fit the monsterous double stroller.

"Yes...we made it in time.." I told my little one.

The person in the stall next us lets a huge one rip.

"Mommy! Someone is going poopoo in the big girl potty!" she yells. "What a big girl! Does she get candy for going potty, mommy?"

I wanted to hurry and get out of there before I saw the lady. The stall seemed to be getting smaller by the minute and was dying of embarrassment.

As we were washing our hands, out comes the poor woman. It looked as if she had been in a battle of some sorts.

"You're a big girl!!! You went poopoo in the potty!" My two year old then starts clapping...as the woman's face turns beet red.

All I could say was..."uh-huh"...avoid all eye contact...place my two year old in the stroller then BOLT to the nearest exit!

Ah...the memories of being a young mother.....

2 comments:

lawanna said...

That's a great song! I'm going to have to memorize it! ;)

Melanie said...

Haha, I love it! Our ward has 36 sunbeams so there's always something like this going on, it has me rolling every time!