Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our lives are a bit less chaotic these days...

Well...
Our foster baby ..Baby M is no longer in our care and it's been about 2 months since she left our home. I didn't think I'd get as attached as I did, but I guess I'd be heartless if I didn't cry the whole drive up to drop her off to the new foster family and the drive back home. It was one of the most difficult things I've had to do in a long time. I still get a lump in my throat each time I see the pictures we took prior to her leaving.

Doing foster care has it's challenges...The system is broken...CPS is understaffed and underpaid...and I have my opinions about the judges (but I won't even go there)....

There are many blessings when doing foster care...
Seeing a child smile for the first time in months...hearing the child giggle for the first time...consoling the child when they need comforting after months of being neglected by their relatives...

I'm currently going through mixed emotions when it comes to doing foster care...I have not stepped into the nursery since Baby M left our home. The clean clothes are still folded and in the basket, waiting to be put away. Perhaps I'll have the courage this week to organize the room...hmm..we'll see...

I know that Baby M will never remember us, nor will we ever see her again. I feel so thankful that we were able to be there for baby M in her time of need. All we could do now is pray that things will go well in her life. A thought just occurred as I wrote the first sentence...that I would never see her again. I'm now thinking of my kids...my husband...my family... How utterly sad it would be to never see them again after I died... I don't know what I'd do if I were ever in that situation... It makes me grateful for the truth that I have in my life...Being a member of my church and getting married and sealed in the Temple, I will forever be with them throughout the eternities...

No comments: