

I recently came across an essay we had Alycia write a few months ago. She was not doing what she was being told to do, and corner time was utterly painful for us (her wonderful parents) to hear the grumblings. I thought for sure that writing the essay would be a delight for her since she loves to write. Nope...I was so wrong, she sat there for over an hour complaining about how unfair and horrible we were to make her write an essay on honoring her parents. Once she realized how much time she wasted, she finished up this masterpiece. Both Brent and I were amazed at how well she knew the scriptures and that this girl has a fantastic memory.
Some days parenting can be quite challenging, while other days you are just happy to be a parent. I love and enjoy this precious time I have to be a mother and wouldn't change any of the challenges that have come my way. At times I wonder if what I'm teaching my children is actually soaking into their little minds or if I'm wasting my breath. I'm pleased to know that they ARE listening and applying them into their everyday lives. I can't honestly say that my children are perfect.....a clean room, towels hung up, dirty clothes put IN their baskets (not just near them), would be wonderful but I can't ask for total perfection..can I?
As you read the essay, Alycia does a wonderful job illustrating the consequences of not honoring parents and why honoring your parents is so important. I do plan on framing this or perhaps just saving it for her when she has her own children.
1 comment:
I think I was 14 before I could write an essay like that.
Post a Comment