since this is my blog, I can speak my mind...
On Saturday, I took Joseph out to eat at Mimi's Cafe and Brent took Alycia to Famous Dave's. We took one car since the restaurants were nearby. As I was waiting for Brent, there were some people on the corner from where I was sitting that were huge Obama supporters. They were chanting "Chandler votes Obama", "Obama for change", "Honk if you love Obama"...yuck!!! I was seriously getting irritated.
I was having a dark moment....I thought to myself...should I "Boooooo" them. I know that's very immature, but that's me...sometimes… No Anna, you need to act like an adult, your son is with you. hmmm..."okay" I thought to myself. I'll just let this go. I won't say anything.
FINALLY, Brent pulled up, I no longer needed to suffer.
As we rounded the corner...there they were...chanting like rabid animals. Ugggghh!
I couldn't resist it any longer, I pressed the automatic window down, and yelled "WOOOHOO McCain for President! Go McCain-Palin!" My nine year old couldn't stop laughing. I want to say I heard him "booing" them...or was that wishful thinking? As a responsible parent I didn't coax him, but I didn't reprimand him either...hmm..am I a bad parent? Nope ...I don't think so. My sweet husband Brent was extremely embarrassed but laughed along with the rest of us.
Ah....Happy times!
2 comments:
Way to go Anna!
Go OBAMA!!!!!
I'm glad you didn't boo. I was one of the guys supporting our new President!!
Post a Comment