Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Police station's are never a nice place to be.....

Yesterday night was a horrible night for us...

As we were doing our taxes, we found that we were missing a few documents and hoped that we'd be able to find the information we needed on our bank's website. When I saw our savings account balance...I was sick to my stomach. There were thousands of dollars missing. How could this be? As we were checking, there were numerous transactions in Southern California at gas stations. The amounts were sickening. WHY? C'mon.... how much gas could one person need?

I called my bank immediately and reported my card number stolen. I could barely sleep that night. I woke up early....early for me on a Saturday... and drove to the bank with Joseph. He had a birthday to go to afterwards, so he had to be my little companion for the morning. To be honest with you, I was NOT a pleasant person to be around...especially with the bank personnel. He didn't seem to know how to answer my questions on how these thieves stole my information. So frustrating. How could my bank not have noticed $300 gas transactions per day? Why did no one catch this? More frustrations. I signed an affidavit stating that the $3000+ were fraudulent charges and that I wanted my money back ASAP. GRRR!

After the bank, Joseph and I went to the police station to file a police report. I was pleased to say that it didn't come close to what the San Jose police station reminded me of. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. There was an elderly woman there for identity theft. What a nightmare. I filed my report, to which they said they would close the case since all the fraudulent transactions didn't take place in their jurisdiction. ...more frustrations.... I said that I had no problems filing charges should they catch these thieves.

In all...by Monday afternoon most of our money was returned to our account. This has been such a nightmare, but I am now diligent in checking my accounts on a daily basis. That was my nightmare for the weekend.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Oh no! that's horrible. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Paul said...

Yikes! That makes my stomach turn just to read your story, not fun. Glad that your bank stands behind you though!