Scout camp 2011

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer is here! Time for some drama....

June has come and gone. The kids have been out of school and I've had the chance to catch up on the happenings of their little lives. The first few weeks after school let out, the kids were so nice to one another. Well the something's happened and they now get on one another's nerves.

"so and so didn't brush their teeth, and they have dragon breath."
"so and so poked me, so I poked them back....it's not my fault they're crying"
"so and so is killing me with their death breath"...gagging sounds

I can go on for forever with the drama that I'm dealing with. I remember as a young mother watching other moms at the store. Some spoke kindly to their children when they misbehaved....some looked frazzled and chewed the kids out with no regard as who was observing...some just ignored the behavior and went on doing what they were doing...others caved in and gave the child/children what they wanted. Hmm...I'll be like the first mother...were my thoughts...

I remember thinking...I'm going to be so patient and loving towards my kids always...I'll never raise my voice to them...If I just give them all the love and attention they need, they'll never misbehave...my kids will never talk back to me, since I'm such a nice kind mother... hmm...
yeah right!

So what happened yesterday? We were at Sam's Club getting some last minute items for our trip and I brought both kids with me.

"So and so whacked me in the face"...sobbing.
"I didn't do it on purpose, I was just skipping and swinging my arms and accidentally hit so and so. It's not my fault so and so's face got in the way."
"Apologize" I said.
"So----rrrry".....
"so and so didn't mean it!" sniffle sniffle.
"so and so stuck their tongue out..."
"so and so is giving me the evil eye..."

I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back. My patience by now had dwindled.
"Fold your arms, no swinging, no bumping, no talking, no evil eyes, NO nothing! I don't want to hear one word from either one of you. Silence!"

(audible sniffles from both kids)

As we pass the little old people at the sample booths, both kids say "oooh. Can I get a sample?"

"No, you two were not kind to one another and misbehaving. No samples."

sniffle, sniffle

We pass two sample booths and both kids look pitifully sad.

"Would you like a sample?" said the little old lady with the samples.

"We CAN'T... our Mom's mean and said we were misbehaving so no samples for us."

gasp.

You would think the little old lady would have some sympathy for me...Nope...she made the "shame on you" face to ME!

Nice huh?

I guess the drama will never end, huh?

No comments: